Congressional Veteran Commendation
Consider honoring a veteran from the Seventh Congressional District by nominating him/her for the Congressional Veteran Commendation (CVC).
The CVC, in conjunction with the Veterans History Project sponsored by the Library of Congress, was created to honor the distinguished veterans of Virginia's Seventh Congressional District and to preserve their stories for future generations of Americans.
In order to be considered for this award, the nominee must reside in the Seventh Congressional District. To determine if your nominee resides in the Seventh Congressional District, refer to the U.S. House of Representative website at www.house.gov.
The deadline to nominate a veteran for the 2013 CVC is Friday, September 6, 2013. Please complete and submit the CVC nomination form available here.
CVC recipients are selected by a board and are honored during a ceremony to take place in Richmond in November 2013. Additionally, honorees may choose to be interviewed for the Veterans History Project.
To obtain additional information regarding the CVC or the Veterans History Project contact District Director Jennifer Nolen at (804) 747-4073 or (800) 438-3793.
2012 Congressional Veteran Commendation Recipients:
- Captain Donald Bloomquist, U.S. Army, Henrico
- Sergeant Walter George, U.S. Army, Henrico
- Chief Petty Officer Zac Horne, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard, Hanover
- Colonel Guy Kissinger, Jr., U.S. Marine Corps, Richmond
- Fireman First Class Howard Mills, U.S. Navy, Culpeper
- Captain Philip Poag, Jr., U.S. Army, Chesterfield
- Sergeant Jimmy Ray, U.S. Army, Henrico
- Colonel Daniel Walton, U.S. Army Air Corps, Orange